Dear Village Arts friends and families,
We trust you and your families are well and holding up through these unprecedented times! Village Arts continues to find its way forward since the onset of the COVID 19 pandemic. Our summer online art programs and our continuation of “Anything Goes” rehearsals leading to the zoom presentation was a great success. It was heartwarming to see our students greet one another with such happiness despite contending with a digital divide. Now that Fall is upon us and with the schools deciding to continue to teach remotely, Village Arts too will continue to offer online classes and theatre programs this Fall. We are also pleased to announce that we have made the careful decision to offer a socially distant outdoor theatre and visual arts program. Due to the recent developments from local and state organization allowing for outdoor socially distant programs, Village Arts feels it can safely take this step. This is not an easy decision for us and after great deliberation and research into the guidelines from the CDC and Los Angeles Public Health we have created a plan to keep our students and their families safe while offering a Fall program that is fun and inspiring. Village Arts outdoor program will take place on the campus of Faith Presbyterian Church of Valley Village under a tent located at the Hesby Street entrance to Village Arts performance space. In addition to our following the government guidelines we will also put into place the following procedures:
Limit of 11 students per theatre program and class;
- All classes and programs will meet under a large canopy tent to allow for proper ventilation and air flow;
- Each student will remain in a taped off area that is 8 ft. distant from other students;
- Students will be tested with a non-contact thermometer and asked to sanitize their hands before joining a class or theatre program;
- Disinfecting stations with sanitizer and paper towels will be located at each tent with easy access for all students;
- Students are required to wear facemasks that cover both their nose and mouth;
- All students must bring their own water and snack and no sharing of snacks will be permitted;
- Bathrooms are available inside our arts space and the following protocol for the use of the bathroom:
Only one student at a time will be allowed to use the bathrooms.
Students must be accompanied to the bathroom with an adult to insure proper cleaning takes place after each use;
Depending on the class or program a minimum of two adults and most times three adults will be overseeing the students;
- All teachers and teacher helpers have been tested for COVID
- All teachers are trained in prevention and must uphold Village Arts COVID prevention policies; In addition to this document you will find important information that will help us to have a safe Fall program and experience. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.