The focus of the class:
Over the ten weeks we will explore the voice through fun games and exercises, with a focus on singing with confidence, singing in a group, and learning about musical elements/instruments.
Class work includes:
- breath exercises (good for the voice and helpful for anxiety/calming nerves)
- vocal warmups (matching pitch/ear training)
- keeping the beat
- singing songs together
- freeze dance/musical chairs
- Exploring the parts of a song and song composition
- Different musical instruments and how they are used through guessing games and more
Emma Stuart is a singer/songwriter born and raised in Los Angeles. She has been a working vocalist for the past ten years and teaching voice for over six years. She loves sharing her experience and knowledge. Nothing is more rewarding than seeing her students feel confident in their gift. Her goal is to create a safe space for her students to be themselves entirely, practice self-compassion as they learn, and find their joy and power in singing.